The Trial - By Scout

Jem and I went to see the trial on Tom Robinson, Atticus was so confident during the whole thing, we were sure that he will win. But when they pronounced Tom guilty, I did not know what to think! I am still  sure that he is innocent. It was obvious that Mayella Ewell was lying. I feel so bad for Tom. Why does the world have to be so unfair? He didn't deserve to go to jail. He said that he always helped Mayella whenever she asked him to. How can people be so ungrateful? Tom Robinson suffered great injustice but I also feel bad for my dad, who worked so hard on this case but still lost. This is so unfair. Atticus gave so much evidence towards Tom's innocence but no one listened to him. Jem is also very upset because of the jury's verdict. Each guilty was a separate stab between his shoulders, I think that Jem got more angry than me. I am hurt and so is my brother because of the jury's decision. It feels like a dream, like nothing of this didn't happen. Oh God, I wish it was all unreal. All I have to say is that Tom Robinson is innocent and he had been accused of being guilty wrongly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment