Gifts from the Tree. - By Scout

One day, I was coming home from school and I saw a shining glimmer from the sunlight in the tree beside the Radley's house. I went to see what it was and I found a piece of gum. Jem asked me what I was chewing and when I told him, he told me to spit it out because of where I found it. From that day on, Jem and I started finding "gifts" in that tree hole. The things we found were another piece of gum, Indian-head pennies, a ball of grey twine, two figures carved in soap, that looked like Jem and I (well that isn't creepy :o), a medal, and lastly a pocket watch. When we would come back from school, we would always have something to look forward to, it was exciting to find all these little things in the tree hole. It was Boo, who gave them, we are sure about it.  One day, we had seen that the hole was filled with cement. We asked Mr. Radley if he did it. He told us he had filled it because the tree was sick. We asked Atticus about it and he said that it looked perfectly healthy. I don't understand why Mr. Radley doesn't want us to be friends with Boo and he is making him even more unsocial. Jem and I were devastated and Jem even cried because he understood Mr. Radley's injustice towards Boo. I just wish he was more fair to him and never did it :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment