The Halloween night that could have become my last one. - by Scout


A couple of hours ago I came back from school's Halloween play. Trust me, I was never as happy to come home as last night.Thanks to Jem and Boo Radley I am now alive and safe. Let me tell you what happened. Jem and I were walking home from school when suddenly my brother heard some noises. We first thought that it was Cecil Jacobs trying to scare us again. Then someone started runing after us. The costume I was wearing was very hard to move in, so I fell to the ground. I heard how Jem was fighting with someone and then I was pulled away. I tried to find Jem but I couldn't, so I started walking towards my house and saw a man carrying my brother. I didn't know who it was but then some time later I realized that it was the man we were creeped out by, a man who never really talked to us, a man who was the object of gossips and legends, a man who saved me and Jem - Boo Radley. The man who tried to kill us was Bob Ewll, father of Mayella Ewell. If it wasn't for Boo, I wouldn't be here. Thank you so much, Mr. Arthur Radley.

No comments:

Post a Comment